CONFERENCE POSTPONED – WATCH THIS SPACE
Queensland Department of Education International (DEi) Conference
Leading for global futures
Where: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
When: 18 to 19 May 2020.
Our lives are global. Rapid and constant change is bringing new demands to how we live and work, who we interact with and how we see ourselves.
In an age of globalisation, our education system must remain relevant to the economies and societies of tomorrow.
More than ever, young people need to master new types of knowledge, skills and dispositions to take advantage of a world that is becoming bigger and smaller at the same time.
COFFEE CART SPONSOR
The conference provides an ideal way to focus on the DEi Strategic Plan and our vision for:
- Shaping global futures for all students
- Developing and delivering excellence
- Connecting and collaborating.
The largest conference of its kind in Queensland, the program offers teachers, education leaders and staff the opportunity to:
- Understand how global competence contributes to vibrant communities and a stronger economy
- Share best practice in global learning and engagement in Queensland state schools
- Explore pedagogical approaches, tools and resources to educate for global competence
- Connect with industry, international education sector and global thought leaders
- Learn about products and programs to extend the global reach and impact
How will the conference benefit you?
- tap into the collective genius of fellow international education experts
- listen to best practice by people who have real examples
- take home practical strategies and tools
- gain experience in an engaging, fun and rigorous environment
- share meaningful and relevant stories
- discover the reach and impact of DEi programs and products
Dr Jordan Nguyen
Dr Catherine Ball
Dr Cathryn Lloyd
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Attendees at the conference will include representatives from Queensland state schools (principals, teaching staff, international student coordinators, homestay coordinators), Department of Education regional offices, Education Queensland International offshore schools, the Department and other Queensland Government agencies, as well as international delegates and education agents.
Call for Abstracts Open
21 February 2020
Call for Abstracts Closes
Full Program Live
The 2020 DEi conference will be held at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. The BCEC is a purpose-built convention centre and event venue in the heart of South Bank. The world-class and award-winning facility plays host to thousands of concerts, conventions, exhibitions and tradeshows, weddings and private functions every year. The centre is also home to Olio Café & Bar and Merivales Café Bar & Restaurant.
Adjacent to the South Brisbane Railway Station, and close to the Cultural Centre and South Bank Busway stations, BCEC is also easily accessible by taxi, City Cat (through the Parklands’ river terminals) and car. Onsite parking can be accessed from both Merivale Street and Grey Street.
We acknowledge the Turrbal and Yugara (Jagera) peoples who are the traditional custodians of the land upon which the BCEC stands.
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (BCEC)
Merivale St & Glenelg Street
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Please contact the team at Conference Design for all conference enquiries.
- 03 6231 299
- International +61 3 6231 2999